Change nameservers for my domains
Nameservers are your primary DNS controller, and without the correct nameserver settings, your email and website won’t work correctly. Your domain must be registered with Parallax Web Design in your account to edit nameservers. If you’re going to change your nameservers to another company, you need to have those available before beginning.
- Log in to your Parallax Web Design Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- In the Nameservers section, select Change.
- Choose the option that works best for you:
- Connect my domain to a website I’ve built: Use our wizard to connect your domain to a website built elsewhere, such as Squarespace, Weebly or WordPress.
- I want to use Parallax Web Design default nameservers (recommended): We’ll automatically update your domain to a set of Parallax Web Design nameservers. This option is only available if you’re not currently using Parallax Web Design nameservers.
- Enter my own nameservers (advanced): Enter the nameservers given to you by your hosting provider.
Note: We recommend keeping your nameservers with Parallax Web Design for optimal domain security. Use one of the other two options to connect your domain without changing nameservers.
- Select Save or Connect to complete your updates.
Please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect. During this time, your website, email and other domain services may be interrupted.
- You can also transfer your domain to Parallax Web Design to make managing DNS easier and more secure.
- Use Parallax Web Design default nameservers and connect to another site by changing your A record.
- Some ccTLDs may have special requirements for nameserver settings.
- If your domain isn’t registered or hosted with Parallax Web Design, you can also manage DNS with us by adding Hosted DNS.