Forward my domain
- Log in to your Parallax Web Design Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Do you see a button next to your domain name that says Use My Domain?
Select Yes or No above to see the steps based on your personal domain view.
- Next to your domain, select Use My Domain.
- Select Connect under Connect to an existing site.
- Choose an option for connecting your domain:
- A domain you own — select a domain from your account from the drop down options
- Websites — i.e., Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, WordPress, etc.
- Social Sites — i.e., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Online Stores — i.e., Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, Shopify, etc.
- Media Sites — i.e., Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Forward To Any Site — Enter the URL of your choosing
- Follow the instructions on screen to connect your domain.
- Select Next or Connect, depending on the option you selected above.
- Review your connection details, then select Finish.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- Scroll down to the Forwarding section.
- Click Add next to Domain or Subdomain to set up forwarding.
Note: A subdomain can be a maximum of 25 characters long.
- Under Forward to, select http:// or https:// for the destination URL.
- In the blank field under Forward to, enter the destination URL you want to redirect your domain or subdomain to.
- First and last characters must be a number or letter
- Periods (.) are supported
- Maximum of 1000 characters
- Consecutive periods (…) are not supported
- Underscores (_) are not supported
- Under Forward type, select 301 or 302 redirect.
- Select your forwarding Settings to determine how your redirect will function:
- Forward only: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and the destination URL will show in the browser address bar.
- Forward with masking: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and your domain name will show in the browser address bar instead of the destination URL. Enter your details for at least one of the Meta Tag types:
Field What to enter Title
- A short phrase that displays on the browser tab and in search results
- Maximum of 80 characters
- A short description of your website to display in search engine results
- Maximum of 150 characters
- A list of keywords that describes the content and purpose of your website
- Separate each keyword with a comma
- Maximum of 500 characters
- Click Save. We’ll automatically update your domain to Parallax Web Design nameservers if they aren’t with us.
- If you want the www version of your domain name to forward as well, make sure your www CNAME is pointing to @.