Move a web application to my Linux Hosting account
If you’re using a web application like WordPress or Joomla with your website on another host (or another Parallax Web Design account), you can import that app and its data into your Linux Hosting account. You can move an entire website this way.
Before you import the web app you’ll need a few pieces of information from your previous host:
- Your FTP or SFTP username and password. For Parallax Web Design Classic hosting, here’s how to find your FTP username and password.
- The file path to your website on the previous host. For Parallax Web Design Classic hosting, here’s how to find that path. If your site is simply the primary domain on your Classic hosting account, leave this blank.
- The IP address for your previous host. For Parallax Web Design Classic hosting, here’s how to find that IP address.
Got all that info? Let’s get started!
- Go to your Parallax Web Design
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, in the Applications section, click Installatron.
- In the cPanel Installatron page, click the icon for your application (like WordPress or Joomla).
- Next to + install this application, click the three-line icon and select import existing install.
- In the Installatron Import page, below From different account, click Continue.
- Complete the Source and Destination sections.
Field Description URL The URL for your site as it is currently. This can be a domain (like http://www.coolexample.com), a subdomain (like http://subdomain.coolexample.com), or a domain and path (like http://www.coolexample.com/wordpress). Protocol Select FTP. Server (IP Address or Hostname) The IP address for the previous host. Port 21 Username The FTP username for the previous host. Password The FTP password for the previous host. Path The path to your site, from the FTP user’s root directory. This field may autofill depending on the web app you’re importing. Domain From the menu, choose a domain or subdomain from your Linux Hosting account. For a subdomain, select the version without the “www”. Directory (optional) The specific directory and path you want for your website. Leave tis blank for a simple domain URL (like www.coolexample.com). If you want to use an additional path (like www.coolexample.com/sitename), then enter that path now. Database Management Select Automatically create a new database for the installed application.
- Once you’ve confirmed that the information is correct, click Import. When the import is complete, the app appears in the account Dashboard Applications section.
Note: Problems at the source host, like timeouts or FTP issues, may cause the import to fail. If you get an error message that the migration was unsuccessful, check your source host information and try again. If you get an error regarding PHP modules, you may need to enable the PHP modules that are listed in the error message.
- For more info on web apps, see the Installatron Applications Browser page.